Sunday, January 14, 2007

Birds Eye View

After some small effort I have managed to acquire an aerial-photo ('Where It All Lives' - right) of the Walloon Estate from Google Earth and overlay it with a 2x2 grid that I hope will ease the task of describing where things are as I find them.

(I read on Google Earth's website that:

"You can personally use an image from the application (for example on your website, on a blog or in a word document) as long as you preserve the copyrights and attributions including the Google logo attribution. "

- so there seems no issue with me doing this.)

Henceforth, when describing where things are, I'll quote a grid-reference, quoting a horizontal coordinate, followed by vertical coordinate. So for example, at grid reference (1.1,1.5) you're looking straight down onto the Bramley Apple tree that sits in the middle of my lawn.

No comments: